April 03-04, 2023
Trip fees: ₹2900
Available Seats: 5
Maravanthuruthu is a small village located in the Kottayam district of Kerala in India. It is surrounded by the river Muvattupuzha and is connected to the neighboring villages Thalayolaparambu, Enady by recently constructed bridges. Maravanthuruthu has moved out of the status so called "village" and now is an upcoming urban area, being settled by the people who are rich in education, migrants from other part of Kerala who were attracted to this urban village due to abundance of fresh water, culture and peaceful living atmosphere.
Maravanthuruthu has won golden award for Water Street tourism from Bhopal for Responsible tourism. It is Kerala’s First WATER STREET Village. Birds and butterflies of Maravanthuruth, history of Maravanthuruth, festivals including Atuela, Theyatut and Garuda weighing ( Garudan Thookkam ), traditional occupations like Kullu Cheth, Olamedaial and Valavieshal, etc., which are popularly found and marked in Tourism Resource Directory of Maravanthuruth, are painted on Art Street.
Garudan Thookkam is a ritual art form performed in certain Kali temples in some Central Kerala districts in south India. The people who dress up as Garuda perform the dance. After the dance performance, the hang-designate dangle from a shaft hooking the skin on his back. In some places, the ritual is performed colorfully with Garudas taken in a procession on bullock carts or boats or hand pulled carts.
|Day 1- 3:00 PM
|| Reach at Resort at Thalayolaparambu
( How to reach - given in the details )
||Story Telling about Garudan Thookam
||Visit and Experience Garudan Thookam
||Temple Visit - Spend Full-Night
||Early morning Back to stay
|Day 2- 9:00 AM
- Non Ac tempo traveler / Innova according to number of travelers, From Stay to Maravanthuruthu, temple and back to Hotel as per itinerary
- Sunset Kayaking
- Story Telling about Garudan Thookam
- Day 1 Dinner from village home & Day 2 Breakfast from Hotel
- Resort Stay 2/3 Sharing basis
- Kayak/Pedal Boat at Resort
- Expenses in personal nature
- Pick up and drop from your home
- Day 1 & Day 2 - Lunch
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry, etc
- Any incidental and other expenses which are not specified in the inclusions.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks and bad weather.
THINGS TO CARRY
- ID Card
- Extra cloths
- Mobile phone cover
- Extra Plastic Cover to keep your wet cloths
Things to Note
- Garudhan thookam is a ritual performance. The one you are going to watch is the actual performance, not the capsule.
- Garudhan thookam Timing is not accurate, it may change according to the rituals
- Local people are highly devotional to Garudhan thookam. We expect respect towards the local traditions from each traveler
Participants should dress appropriately.
- You have to be in the temple/Kaav ( Where the performance is happening at whole night).
- Kids can also join the trip. Fees will be the same as that of Adults. Kids also have to wait late at night at Kaav, there won't be any night transportation to Hotel
- Dinner is from village home
- We are not arranging any transportation to Hotel at night
- Incase any one wish to go back has t find personal transportation with an additional cost
How to reach our Stay ?
- Bus Stop Name: Varikamkunnu
- Buses are available from Vyttila hub, board Kottayam private buses going via Kanjiramattam.Get down at Varikkamkunn bus stop. Take an autorickshaw from the bus stop. The resort is 1.5 km from the bus stop.
- Near by Railway Station: Piravam Road (7 km)
Take an autorickshaw from Piravam Road Railway Station
- Vaikom Road Railway Station (10 km)
From the railway station take a bus to Ernakulam via kanjiramattom and Get down at Varikamkunn.
- Note: Stay details will update in the whatsapp group only
Available Seats: 5
A participant will be refunded his/her paid fees after deducting the following cancellation fees.
|Before 20 days from Camp Date
|| ₹ 800
|Before 15 days from Camp Date
|| ₹ 1400
|Before 7 days from Camp Date
|| ₹ 2000
|Within 7 days from Camp Date
|| ₹ 2900
- Alternatively, a registered participant may transfer his/her registration to a friend without any cancellation fee.
- In case of cancellation of the program due to any gov restrictions due to COVID/ Weather, an alternate date will be provided for the same trip, and no refund for that.
- In case you are not able to join the trek on the new dates, either you can send a replacement ( Without any additional cost) / You can opt for Wallet transfer,
- What is Wallet Transfer ?: The amount will move to LGFC Wallet and you can use that for any other trip. ( 3% fee will be deducted as movement charges) . Strictly there won’t be any refund to a bank account.
- Wallet transfer is applicable only for the case when a participant wont be able to join the new date on a postponed trip due to Pandemic / Weather situations
- The wallet transfer offer will only be one time , when the new date is announced. Further changes will be counted as normal cancellations and will be as per cancellation policy.
WHY WITH US?
- Budget-Friendly: You will get a perfect escape from the urban life and completely in an offbeat location with all safety followed, with small team size.
- Incomparable Itinerary: You can compare the Itinerary with any other itinerary available on social media/ Google.
- Food prepared in safe conditions: We believe that for a traveler, food is one of the most important things during their journey. We provide the best nutritious food as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Not just adventure, but many more things to learn and experience: We are not just providing sightseeing. Our Camp navigator/local guide will share the details of the place, flora, fauna history, stories with you.
- Well Experienced Local Guide and Support Staffs
- Plan beyond the Itinerary: In case if you want to extend the trip, we are there to help you by finding Stays contact and transportation, Talk to the coordinator of LetsGoForACamp
VALUES WE FOLLOW
- Eco-friendly products.
- Minimizing plastic waste.
- Hiring local guides.
- Contributing to the local economy.
- Proper disposal of waste generated.
- Concept of Responsible traveler.