Oct 14-15, 2023
Trip fees: ₹3700
Available Seats: 4
Kodachadri is a mountain peak with dense forests in the Western Ghats in South India, 78 km from Shimoga. It is declared as natural heritage site by the Karnataka Government. and it is 13th highest peak of Karnataka.
The Kodachadri hill is a Natural Heritage Site, which is part of the Western Ghats and forms a lovely backdrop to the famous Kollur Mookambika Temple. Famed for its glorious sunrises and sunsets, this hill range is part of the Mookambika Temple Nature Reserve.
Let’s all join together for a new adventure.
||Pick-Up From Mangalore Central & Junction Railway Station
||Udupi Temple visit
||Breakfast -On the way
||Mookambika Temple Visit ( Optional Baesd on Time Availability )
||Lunch ( On the Way)
||Nagara Fort Visit
||Savehaklu Dam Visit
||Evening home stay Check-In
||Evening Tea snacks
||Stream walk/ bath
||Relax at Stay
||Forest Trek towards Hidlumane waterfalls (5km - Medium Trek)
||Trek to Kodachadri Peak ( 6 km- Medium Trek)
||Return to base
||Late Lunch at Home stay
||Relax & Fresh-up
||Return to Mangalore
||Drop at Mangalore
- Trekking Difficulty Level - Medium- Difficult for Beginners
- Dormitory/ Tent stay with Basic Facilities
- Book Train Which reach before 5:30 AM to Mangalore Central or Mangalore Junction Railway station
- Book Return train only after 10:00 PM
- If you are reaching a day before/reaching early and Need a basic fresh room at Mangalore, we will be able arrange it at Extra cost. For this Contact 8050725190
- Forest Entry Fees
- Local Guide Charges
- Food ( 1 Evening tea & snacks, 1 breakfast, 1 lunch & 1 dinner )
- First Aid
- Transportation from Mangalore to Mangalore in Non-AC tempo traveler/ Mini Bus
- Stay in Dormitory
- Entry and permission Fee
- Coordinator Support
- Day 2 Evening Tea & Dinner
- Day 1 Breakfast & Lunch & Day 2 Dinner
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks and bad weather
- Any kind of cost which is not included in “Inclusions” above
Available Seats: 4
|At the time of Registration
|Before Sep 30, 2023
A participant will be refunded his/her paid fees after deducting the following cancellation fees.
Day of Cancellation
|Before 20 days of camp start
|Before 15 days of camp start
|Before 07 days from camp start date
|Within 7 days from camp start date
- Alternatively, a registered participant may transfer his/her registration to a friend without any cancellation fee.
- In case of cancellation of the program due to any gov restrictions due to COVID/ Weather, an alternate date will be provided for the same trip and no refund for that.
- In case you are not able to join the trek on the new dates, either you can send a replacement ( Without any additional cost) / You can opt for Wallet transfer,
- What is Wallet Transfer ?: The amount will move to LGFC Wallet and you can use that for any other trip. ( 2% fee will be deducted as movement charges) . Strictly there won’t be any refund to a bank account.
- Wallet transfer is applicable only for the case when a participant wont be able to join the new date on a postponed trip due to Pandemic / Weather situations
- The wallet transfer offer will only be one time , when the new date is announced. Further changes will be counted as normal cancellations and will be as per cancellation policy.
- Installments are to be paid before the due dates.
- In case when 2 or more installments are pending after the due date, the order will be auto-cancelled.
- There will be no refund in case of auto cancellation due to nonpayment of installments.
WHY WITH US?
- Budget-Friendly: You will get a perfect escape from the urban life and completely in an offbeat location with all safety followed, with small team size.
- Food prepared in safe conditions: We believe that for a traveler, food is one of the most important things during their journey. We provide the best nutritious food as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Not just sightseeing, many more things to learn and experience: We are not just providing sightseeing. Our Camp navigator/local guide will share the details of the place, flora, fauna history, stories with you.
- Well Experienced Local Guide and Support Staffs
- Plan beyond the Itinerary: In case if you want to extend the trip, we are there to help you by finding Stays contact and transportation, Talk to the coordinator of LetsGoForACamp
VALUES WE FOLLOW
- Eco-friendly products.
- Minimizing plastic waste.
- Hiring local guides.
- Contributing to the local economy.
- Proper disposal of waste generated.
- Concept of Responsible traveler.
No, Pick up point is from Mangalore. We have train and bus to Mangalore. You can choose your own comfortable mode of transport from Kerala.
Of course, once you are done with your registration, u have an option to join the WhatsApp group formed for this trip. Here, you will get to know the fellow travelers from your same city. You all can travel together
Following are the list of things that are recommended to be carried for this trip
- Dresses –
- Carry comfortable dresses
- For outdoors its is better to avoid jeans as it might get too heavy if wet
- Sandals with good grip
- Please avoid high heeled sandals , as they have a risk of falling when doing hiking
- Plastic bag for carrying back any wet clothes
- Raincoats / Ponchos
- This would ensure that you wont lose the fun , even if it rains
- Water bottles
- We recommend using reusable waterbottles
- Leach Socks
- You may order leach socks on Amazon . You may check this sample item. or order a similar one.
- You may also make a leach socks at home. Follow this blog in malayalam about this. Don’t use jeans material as in the demo , you may use a decent cotton pants for this instead.
- A small bag to carry raincoat , waterbottle , snacks , etc.
- Carry all your daily use medicines
- Carry medcines for any ailments or allergies you have faced
- Energizers and Snacks
- Energinzers such as chocolate , peanut bars , dry fruits will give quick energy especially when walking
- Snacks – light and non oily snacks would be good
- There wont be any tolietries that would be provided at the stay
- We wont be providing towels at the stay.
- Other personal items
- Carry sufficient hard cash
- Don’t carry expensive jewelleries , etc
- [Optional] Jackets/ Sweatshirts / Scarf
- Carry these if you are prone to cold
No you can keep your bag in the room.
Mobile network is no Network Coverage at Stay & Premises
It’s strictly based on the cancellation policy. However, u can replace your registration with your friend, with out any additional cost. But need to inform this to the coordinator 3 days before.
It is a small railway station and only a few trains have stops there. Compared to which Mangalore has two large railway station , viz. Mangalore Jn and Mangalore Central . All the trains passing through the routes have stops at Mangalore . Moreover , it is also last stop for many trains starting from Kerala , Karnataka and Tamilnadu.