July 15-16, 2023
Trip fees: ₹3,700
Available Seats: 2
Agumbe! The historical land upon which RK Narayan bases his beloved Malgudi Days is also seen in the Doordarshan TV series of the same name.
Known as the Cherapunjee of South India, it is fertile with Rain and Evergreen forests.
As the rain transforms Agumbe into nothing less than heaven, the paths remain sheltered by trees, shrouded by the descending mist upon the lush green landscape. The staggering forts, Jain temples, and pleasant weather make Agumbe a favorite for nature lovers and travelers.
To give a new meaning to travel, LetsGoForACamp would like to take you on a journey to these beautiful rain forests in Agumbe.
Through the brambles and sky-high trees, let’s all join together for a new adventure.
||Pick up from Mangalore Junction & Central Railway Station
||Breakfast on the way
||Varanga Floating temple ( optional -based on weather)
||Check in to Agumbe Hotel and freshen up
||Lunch (Veg Only)
||Sirimane Waterfalls Visit
||Sringeri Ancient Temple Visit ( Based on weather - Optional Place )
||Agumbe GrassLands Visit & Village Walk
||Fresh up and check out from Hotel
||Return to Mangalore
||Drop at Mangalore Junction / Central Railway Station
- Book Train Which reach before 5:30 AM to Mangalore Central or Mangalore Junction Railway station
- Book Return train only after 10:00 PM
- Train Recommendations -Towards Mangalore Junction
- Rajdhani Exp (12431) -Friday19:40 – Tvm Central - 05:15 Mangalore Jn
- Okha Exp (16338)-Friday20:25Ern Jn - 04:10 Manglore Jn
- Train Recommendations -Towards Ernakulam Side
- Mangala LKSDP Exp (12618) – Sunday22:40 Manglore Jn – 07:30 Ern Jn
- Pickup Point-Mangalore Junction railway station & Mangalore Central Railway Station
- In case you are reaching Bus Stand, we request you to reach Mangalore Junction Railway or Central Railway Station via auto
- There will be changes in the Itinerary and timings according to weather conditions.
- Food -All Meals Veg Only
- Day 1 - Lunch & Dinner , Day 2 Breakfast & Lunch
- Transportation from Mangalore to Mangalore in Non-AC tempo traveler/ Mini Bus
- Entry and permission Fee
- Accommodation on 2/3/4 sharing rooms
- Coordinator Support
- Evening snacks and Tea
- Day1 Breakfast
- Day 2 Dinner
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks and bad weather
- Any kind of cost which is not included in “Inclusions” above
Available Seats: 2
|At the time of Registration
|Before July 1 , 2023
A participant will be refunded his/her paid fees after deducting the following cancellation fees.
Day of Cancellation
|Before 20 days of camp start
|Before 15 days of camp start
|Before 07 days from camp start date
|Within 7 days from camp start date
- Alternatively, a registered participant may transfer his/her registration to a friend without any cancellation fee.
- In case of cancellation of the program due to any gov restrictions due to COVID/ Weather, an alternate date will be provided for the same trip and no refund for that.
- In case you are not able to join the trek on the new dates, either you can send a replacement ( Without any additional cost) / You can opt for Wallet transfer,
- What is Wallet Transfer ?: The amount will move to LGFC Wallet and you can use that for any other trip. ( 2% fee will be deducted as movement charges) . Strictly there won’t be any refund to a bank account.
- Wallet transfer is applicable only for the case when a participant wont be able to join the new date on a postponed trip due to Pandemic / Weather situations
- The wallet transfer offer will only be one time , when the new date is announced. Further changes will be counted as normal cancellations and will be as per cancellation policy.
- Installments are to be paid before the due dates.
- In case when 2 or more installments are pending after the due date, the order will be auto-cancelled.
- There will be no refund in case of auto cancellation due to nonpayment of installments.
WHY WITH US?
- Budget-Friendly: You will get a perfect escape from the urban life and completely in an offbeat location with all safety followed, with small team size.
- Incomparable Itinerary: You can compare the Itinerary with any other itinerary available on social media/ Google. Our itinerary is special with all COVID safety ensured.
- Food prepared in safe conditions: We believe that for a traveler, food is one of the most important things during their journey. We provide the best nutritious food as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Not just sightseeing, many more things to learn and experience: We are not just providing sightseeing. Our Camp navigator/local guide will share the details of the place, flora, fauna history, stories with you.
- Well Experienced Local Guide and Support Staffs
- Plan beyond the Itinerary: In case if you want to extend the trip, we are there to help you by finding Stays contact and transportation, Talk to the coordinator of LetsGoForACamp
VALUES WE FOLLOW
- Eco-friendly products.
- Minimizing plastic waste.
- Hiring local guides.
- Contributing to the local economy.
- Proper disposal of waste generated.
- Concept of Responsible traveler.
No, Pick up point is from Mangalore. We have train and bus to Mangalore. You can choose your own comfortable mode of transport from Kerala.
Of course, once you are done with your registration, u have an option to join the WhatsApp group formed for this trip. Here, you will get to know the fellow travelers from your same city. You all can travel together
Following are the list of things that are recommended to be carried for this trip
- Dresses –
- Carry comfortable dresses
- For outdoors its is better to avoid jeans as it might get too heavy if wet
- Sandals with good grip
- Please avoid high heeled sandals , as they have a risk of falling when doing hiking
- Plastic bag for carrying back any wet clothes
- Raincoats / Ponchos
- This would ensure that you wont lose the fun , even if it rains
- Water bottles
- We recommend using reusable waterbottles
- Leach Socks
- You may order leach socks on Amazon . You may check this sample item. or order a similar one.
- You may also make a leach socks at home. Follow this blog in malayalam about this. Don’t use jeans material as in the demo , you may use a decent cotton pants for this instead.
- A small bag to carry raincoat , waterbottle , snacks , etc.
- Carry all your daily use medicines
- Carry medcines for any ailments or allergies you have faced
- Energizers and Snacks
- Energinzers such as chocolate , peanut bars , dry fruits will give quick energy especially when walking
- Snacks – light and non oily snacks would be good
- There wont be any tolietries that would be provided at the stay
- We wont be providing towels at the stay.
- Other personal items
- Carry sufficient hard cash
- Don’t carry expensive jewelleries , etc
- [Optional] Jackets/ Sweatshirts / Scarf
- Carry these if you are prone to cold
We will be staying in Agumbe hotel with deluxe class rooms.
The rooms will be on double occupancy. If you have 3/4 friends and need to share same rooms, please inform us at the time of registration. There won’t be any changes in the cost per head.
No you can keep your bag in the room.
Yes, Cost will be different for different age group – Contact +91-8050725190
Mobile network is there for BSNL/Airtel and Jio
It’s strictly based on the cancellation policy. However, u can replace your registration with your friend, with out any additional cost. But need to inform this to the coordinator 3 days before.
Udupi is the nearest railway station to Agumbe , however , it is a small railway station and only a few trains have stops there. Compared to which Mangalore has two large railway station , viz. Mangalore Jn and Mangalore Central . All the trains passing through the routes have stops at Mangalore . Moreover , it is also last stop for many trains starting from Kerala , Karnataka and Tamilnadu.