Decemebr, 23-24, 2023
Trip fees: ₹3800/-With pick-up from Palakkad , ₹2800/- From Vattakanal
Available Seats: 6
Vellagavi is a hidden village near Kodaikanal. Located amidst the forests of Western Ghats, this beautiful village has no roads.
This village is about 400 years old and is a must-visit place for all adventure lovers. No transport facilities are available to reach Vellagavi. Hence, this will be a 6 km trek and this journey will take around 3 - 4 hours. A local guide will accompany the visitors during this trek.
LGFC is providing 2 options to Travelers.
Option 1 : Join From Palakkad Railway station – fee: 3800/-
Option 2 : Join directly from Vattakanal – The fee is : 2800/-
If you are opting this your itinerary starts from Vattakanal and Ends at Vattakanal: Please enter the below coupon code when booking for Vattakkanal - VGDIRECT
||Pick up from Palakkad Railway station
||Break-Fast on the way (Packed)
||Lunch (Self Sponsored)
||Trek to Vellagavi On the way visit Dolphin Nose
||Reach camp site
||Relax Sunset View point
||Night Bon Fire and Music
||Stargazing/ Astrophotography ( If the sky is clear )
||Breakfast with Tea
||Village and Farm Visit ( No Footwear policy)
||Lunch ( Early Lunch )
||Trek Back to Vattakanal
||Drop at Palakkad Railway Station
THOSE WHO WISH TO REACH VATTAKANAL DIRECTLY - APPLY THE COUPON CODE
- TREKKING CLASSIFICATION - Difficult ★★★★
- If you are having health issues such as breathing problem like asthma, this trek would not be suitable for you.
- This is a time bound trek , and there is no alternatives other than walking 9km per side.
- Suitable for people of age below 45 , or if above 45 you should be exceptionally fit and working out regularly.
- Pick up and drop from Palakkad Railway station
- Day 1 : Breakfast (packed) Evening snacks and Tea, Dinner & Day 2 : Breakfast, Lunch
- Local Guide Charge
- Camp Fire
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks and bad weather
- Any kind of cost which is not included in “Inclusions” above
- Food - Day 1 : Lunch ; Day 2 : Dinner
Available Seats: 6
|At the time of Registration
|Before Dec 5 , 2023
A registered participant may cancel his/ her registration online and inform the camp coordinators. The paid fees will be returned after deduction of the following cancellation fees.
|Before 20 days from Camp Date
|Before 15 days from Camp Date
|Before 7 days from Camp Date
|Within 7 days from Camp Date
- Alternatively, a registered participant may transfer his/her registration to a friend without any cancellation fee.
- In case of cancellation of the program due to any gov restrictions due to COVID/ Weather, an alternate date will be provided for the same trip and no refund for that.
- In case you are not able to join the trek on the new dates, either you can send a replacement ( Without any additional cost) / You can opt for Wallet transfer,
- What is Wallet Transfer ?The amount will move to LGFC Wallet and you can use that for any other trip. ( 2% fee will be deducted as movement charges) . Strictly there won’t be any refund to a bank account.Note: Vellagavi Trek is the Main part of this trip. Other places mentioned above are optional. Based on climate, the time we will visit these places. If we are stuck in heavy traffic we may skip these placesWHY WITH US?
- Budget-Friendly, You will get a perfect escape from the urban life and completely in an offbeat location with all safety followed, with small team size.
- Incomparable Itinerary: You can compare the Itinerary with any other itinerary available on social media/ Google. Our itinerary is special with all COVID safety ensured.
- Packed food prepared in safe conditions: We believe that for a traveler, food is one of the most important things during their journey. We provide the best nutritious food as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Not just sightseeing, many more things to learn and experience: We are not just providing sightseeing. Our Camp navigator/local guide will share the details of the place, flora, and fauna with you.
- Well Experienced Local Guide and Support Staffs
- Plan beyond the Itinerary- In case if you want to extend the trip, we are there to help you by finding Stays contact and transportation, Talk to the coordinator of LetsGoForACamp.com
Following are the list of things that are recommended to be carried for this trip
- Dresses –
- Carry comfortable dresses
- For outdoors its is better to avoid jeans as it might get too heavy if wet
- Sandals with good grip
- Please avoid high heeled sandals , as they have a risk of falling when doing hiking
- Cap or Hat for Protection from Sun. You may carry sunscreen cream or lotion also.
- Plastic bag for carrying back any wet clothes
- Raincoats / Ponchos
- This would ensure that you wont lose the fun , even if it rains
- Water bottles
- We recommend using reusable waterbottles
- Leach Socks
- You may order leach socks on Amazon . You may check this sample item. or order a similar one.
- You may also make a leach socks at home. Follow this blog in malayalam about this. Don’t use jeans material as in the demo , you may use a decent cotton pants for this instead.
- A small bag to carry raincoat , waterbottle , snacks , etc.
- Carry all your daily use medicines
- Carry medicines for any ailments or allergies you have faced
- Energizers and Snacks
- Energizers such as chocolate , peanut bars , dry fruits will give quick energy especially when walking
- Snacks – light and non oily snacks would be good
- ORS- Packets, This will help you to avoid dehydration. Suggested brand is Electral. You will get this in your nearest Medical shop.
- There wont be any tolietries that would be provided at the stay
- We wont be providing towels at the stay.
- Other personal items
- Carry sufficient hard cash
- Don’t carry expensive jewelries , etc
- [Optional] Jackets/ Sweatshirts / Scarf
- Carry these if you are prone to cold
- Photo ID Proof, Double dose vaccination certificate. (Hard copy)
- You can also carry a trekking pole for your comfort.
- Head lamp/Torch
VALUES WE FOLLOW
- Eco-friendly products.
- Minimizing plastic waste.
- Hiring local guides.
- Contributing to the local economy.
- Proper disposal of waste generated.
- Concept of Responsible traveler.