August 28, 2022
Trip fees: ₹1000
Available Seats: 6
Away from the hustle and bustle of the city lies a place, dressed all in green, inside to which even the sunlight shies away at noon.
That’s not a place in fairytales, it’s Janakikkad, a 131 hectare of undulating forest near Kuttiadi in Calicut.
This forest is home to lots of birds such as the Hornbills and Jungle Fowls, and even to a lot of arboreal mammals like the Giant Squirrel. With a rivulet flowing through it, bearing water even at heights of summer, the evergreen forest is a feast to the eyes of a traveler.
LetsGoForACamp invites you to a walk through the lush greenery of Janakikkad, spotting birds and animals, cooling down yourselves by a bath in the river and importantly before heading back to your busy life, indulge your taste buds to a feast of Special Kozhikode Fish Curry Oonu (meals).
||Pick Up from Calicut Railway Station
||To Janakikkad via Atholy , Naduvannur , Perambra
||Nature Walk with an expert.
||Identifying Birds, Butterflies, and Trees
||Games and Fun
||Special Kozhikodan Lunch with Fish Curry
||Visit Peruvannamuzhy Dam
||Drop at Calicut Railway Station
Pick up from Kozhikode– ( Pick up points will share in the Whatsapp group )
- Forest and Tourism Charges.
- Guide Charges
- Food: Day 1 – Lunch ( veg and non-veg)
Evening Tea and Snacks
- Entry charges
- Coordinator support from the pickup point.
- Activities: All activities as per the itinerary
Camp Fee excludes the following expenses.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- Any expense other than those stated in Inclusions.
- Camera charges, Parking fee, etc. levied by the Forest Dept.
Available Seats: 6
A participant will be refunded his/her paid fees after deducting the following cancellation fees.
Alternatively, you may transfer your registration to your friends without any cancellation fees.
|Before 20 days from Camp Date
|Before 15 days from Camp Date
|Before 7 days from Camp Date
|Within 7 days from Camp Date
- Alternatively, a registered participant may transfer his/her registration to a friend without any cancellation fee.
- In case of cancellation of the program due to any gov restrictions due to COVID/ Weather, an alternate date will be provided for the same trip and no refund for that.
- In case you are not able to join the trek on the new dates, either you can send a replacement ( Without any additional cost) / You can opt for Wallet transfer,
- Wallet Transfer: The amount will move to LGFC Wallet and you can use that for any other trip. ( 2% fee will be deducted as movement charges) . Strictly there won’t be any refund to a bank account.
WHY WITH US?
- Budget-Friendly: You will get a perfect escape from the urban life and completely in an offbeat location with all safety followed, with a small team size.
- Incomparable Itinerary: You can compare the Itinerary with any other itinerary available on social media/ Google. Our itinerary is special with all COVID safety ensured.
- Food prepared in safe conditions: We believe that for a traveler, food is one of the most important things during their journey. We provide the best nutritious food as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Not just sightseeing, many more things to learn and experience: We are not just providing sightseeing. Our Camp navigator/local guide will share the details of the place, flora, fauna history, stories with you.
- Well Experienced Local Guide and Support Staffs
- Plan beyond the Itinerary: In case if you want to extend the trip, we are there to help you by finding Stays contact and transportation, Talk to the coordinator of LetsGoForACamp
VALUES WE FOLLOW
- Eco-friendly products.
- Minimizing plastic waste.
- Hiring local guides.
- Contributing to the local economy.
- Proper disposal of waste generated.
- Concept of Responsible traveler.
What are the precautions being taken to stop spreading COVID-19?
- We will not allow a person showing symptoms of Corona Virus or Flu to board our vehicle.
- We provide paper/leaf plates and glasses instead of plastic ones.
- A limited number of participants.
- Our cooks and helpers at the stay will maintain proper hygiene for food preparation.
Of course, once you are done with your registration, u have an option to join the WhatsApp group formed for this trip. Here, you will get to know the fellow travelers from your same city. You all can travel together
Following are the list of things that are recommended to be carried for this trip
- Dresses –
- Carry comfortable dresses
- For outdoors its is better to avoid jeans as it might get too heavy if wet
- Sandals with good grip
- Please avoid high heeled sandals
- Cap or Hat for Protection from Sun. You may carry sunscreen cream or lotion also.
- Plastic bag for carrying back any wet clothes
- Raincoats / Ponchos
- This would ensure that you wont lose the fun , even if it rains
- Water bottles
- We recommend using reusable waterbottles
- A small bag to carry raincoat , waterbottle , snacks , etc.
- Carry all your daily use medicines
- Carry medicines for any ailments or allergies you have faced
- Energizers and Snacks
- Energizers such as chocolate , peanut bars , dry fruits will give quick energy especially during activity
- Snacks – light and non oily snacks would be good
- ORS- Packets, This will help you to avoid dehydration. Suggested brand is Electral. You will get this in your nearest Medical shop.
- There wont be any toiletries that would be provided at the stay
- We wont be providing towels at the stay.
- Other personal items
- Carry sufficient hard cash
- Don’t carry expensive jewelries , etc
- [Optional] Jackets/ Sweatshirts / Scarf
- Carry these if you are prone to cold
No you can keep your bag in the camp.
Yes, Cost will be different for different age group – Contact +91-8050725190
Mobile network is very less .
It’s strictly based on the cancellation policy. However, u can replace your registration with your friend, with out any additional cost. But need to inform this to the coordinator 3 days before.