October 22, 2023
Trip fees: ₹1600
Available Seats: 12
Shoranur- Nilambur, a 66 km railway route, crowned as the green route, should be definitely an highlighter for all train journey lovers…
Just because all along the stretch is green in its varied form. The patches of green fields, thick vegetation, long rooted banyan trees, and the famous teak forests! This greenery is crossed with the beauty of 5 rivers of Kerala.
Frames are more, the unseen villages and the trail through the biggest hanging bridge are something one must experience..Most of the stations would be covered with the tree canopy, making you feel amidst of forest!
Alas, to put an end to a railway route, we reach the Nilambur railway station which itself stands in the backdrop of the western ghats!!If all this happens, how could we ignore the special cuisine of Nilambur? And then a lot to explore within Nilambur itself.
So, get ready for a wonderful train journey that has much more to show you!
||Meet up at Shornur Railway Station
||Train Journey To Nilambur
||Pick up from Nilambur Railway Station
||Chandakunnu DFO Bangalow,Canopy Walk
||Teak Museum Visit
||Connolly’s Plot. Nature Walk
||Tea and Snacks
||Adayanpara Waterfall Visit ( Optional)
||Drop at Nilambur Railway Station
||Train to Shoranur
||Wind up at Shoranur Railway Station
- General Train ticket from Shornur to Nilambur
06471- Nilambur road Special Express 07:05 AM - 08:50 AM
- General Train Ticket from Nilambur to Shornur
06471- Shornur Special Express 08:00PM - 09:40PM
- Pick up and Drop in Non AC tempo traveler from Nilambur.
- One day sightseeing at Nilambur
- Entry tickets to Places Mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfast at Nilambur (Veg)
- Naadan Lunch from Kathir Biodiversity park
- Evening tea and snacks
- Cordinator support
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- Any expense is other than those stated in Inclusions.
- Camera charges etc. levied by the Forest Dept.Note: AdyanPara we will cover only if we have available time and Good weather
The trip is happening in the rainy season
Available Seats: 12
A participant will be refunded his/her paid fees after deducting the following cancellation fees.
|Before 20 days from Camp Date
|| ₹ 800
|Before 15 days from Camp Date
|| ₹ 1000
|Before 7 days from Camp Date
|| ₹ 1200
|Within 7 days from Camp Date
|| ₹ 1600
- Alternatively, a registered participant may transfer his/her registration to a friend without any cancellation fee.
- In case of cancellation of the program due to any gov restrictions due to COVID/ Weather, an alternate date will be provided for the same trip and no refund for that.
- In case you are not able to join the trek on the new dates, either you can send a replacement ( Without any additional cost) / You can opt for Wallet transfer,
- What is Wallet Transfer ?: The amount will move to LGFC Wallet and you can use that for any other trip. ( 2% fee will be deducted as movement charges) . Strictly there won’t be any refund to a bank account.
- Wallet transfer is applicable only for the case when a participant wont be able to join the new date on a postponed trip due to Pandemic / Weather situations
- The wallet transfer offer will only be one time , when the new date is announced. Further changes will be counted as normal cancellations and will be as per cancellation policy.
WHY WITH US?
- Budget-Friendly: You will get a perfect escape from the urban life and completely in an offbeat location with all safety followed, with a small team size.
- Incomparable Itinerary: You can compare the Itinerary with any other itinerary available on social media/ Google.
- Food prepared in safe conditions: We believe that for a traveler, food is one of the most important things during their journey. We provide the best nutritious food as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Not just sightseeing, many more things to learn and experience: We are not just providing sightseeing. Our Camp navigator/local guide will share the details of the place, flora, fauna history, stories with you.
- Well Experienced Local Guide and Support Staffs
- Plan beyond the Itinerary: In case if you want to extend the trip, we are there to help you by finding Stays contact and transportation, Talk to the coordinator of LetsGoForACamp
VALUES WE FOLLOW
- Eco-friendly products.
- Minimizing plastic waste.
- Hiring local guides.
- Contributing to the local economy.
- Proper disposal of waste generated.
- Concept of Responsible traveler.
Following are the list of things that are recommended to be carried for this trip
- Dresses –
- Carry comfortable dresses
- For outdoors its is better to avoid jeans as it might get too heavy if wet
- Sandals with good grip
- Please avoid high heeled sandals , as they have a risk of falling when doing hiking
- Cap or Hat for Protection from Sun. You may carry sunscreen cream or lotion also.
- Plastic bag for carrying back any wet clothes
- Raincoats / Ponchos
- This would ensure that you wont lose the fun , even if it rains
- Water bottles
- We recommend using reusable waterbottles
- Leach Socks
- You may order leach socks on Amazon . You may check this sample item. or order a similar one.
- You may also make a leach socks at home. Follow this blog in malayalam about this. Don’t use jeans material as in the demo , you may use a decent cotton pants for this instead.
- A small bag to carry raincoat , waterbottle , snacks , etc.
- Carry all your daily use medicines
- Carry medicines for any ailments or allergies you have faced
- Energizers and Snacks
- Energizers such as chocolate , peanut bars , dry fruits will give quick energy especially when walking
- Snacks – light and non oily snacks would be good
- ORS- Packets, This will help you to avoid dehydration. Suggested brand is Electral. You will get this in your nearest Medical shop.
- There wont be any tolietries that would be provided
- We wont be providing towels .
- Other personal items
- Carry sufficient hard cash
- Don’t carry expensive jewelries , etc
- [Optional] Jackets/ Sweatshirts / Scarf
- Carry these if you are prone to cold
- Photo ID Proof