December 27, 2020
Let’s say you’ve decided you want to go on a holiday. There are many travel and tours organisers that can look after your travel, stay and local sightseeing.
But how do you know which one’s the best for you and your family/friends if they’re accompanying you?
If you are seeking quality and patronising an ethical partner, you must go beyond the prices.
1. Go through all the literature you can lay your hands on about the travel partner: website, brochures etc.
2. Ask what kind of experience the travel partner has with personal travel with small and large groups.
3. Ask what kind of local networks do they work with – hotels, restaurants, well-informed, authentic guides for sightseeing etc.
4. Check if they customize an itinerary for you group size, budget and needs.
5. Compare with the prices with the experience being offered to you.
6. If you’re traveling alone, check if your travel partner would be giving you a separate room.
7. Go online to check the reviews. Look for any mentions of accidents or lack of safety.
8. Find out about their environment-friendly practices. They might give you the best of the experience but it’s not worth it if it’s at the expense of the local environment.
9. Check with the travel partner regarding how many people have signed up for the tour package and the total number of seats.
10. Ask them clearly about any hidden charges you’d be expected to pay.
Every location is different. Every holiday experience is different. Sometimes, certain things happen that are beyond control. But by looking at certain minimum things, you can eliminate chances of disappointment and poor service.
What kind of travel experiences have you had with the travel partners you’ve hired so far? What kind of service has made you exceedingly happy?