October 8 , 2023
Trip fees: ₹1500
Available Seats: 9
A two-hour drive from Kochi, this gem is situated in the Mukundapuram Taluk of Thrissur district.
Chimmony Dam is constructed across the Chimmony river at 75 m above sea level. The dam provides a picturesque view of the surrounding area.
Near to which located the Chimmony Wildlife Sanctuary, A Lush tropical rain forest abundant with streams, mountains, and sprawling areas of deciduous trees. A trek through this beauty and witnessing the spice of life would make you amused by the unnoticed magic of nature. The wildlife comes to its best life during the monsoon, Which may leave you with the joy of a lifetime.
We welcome you to have this amazing experience of one-day trekking and a ride in the famous kuttavanji (Turtle Ride).
||Pick up from Ernakulam
||Reach chimmini, Thrissur
||Trek to Choorathala Waterfall (3-4 hour trek)
||Evening Kottavanji ride at Chimini Reservoir
||Drop at Palarivattam
- Simple ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
TREKKING DISTANCE -
- Below 40
with good health for Trekking
THINGS TO CARRY
Must carry -
- Leach socks and Trekking poles ( Since we are Trekking through the forest during the monsoon, these will be of great help)
- Rain Coats/ Ponchos
- Dry Fruits/ Energizer
- Permanent water bottle
- Extra Dress
Following are our Pick up and Drop points
- Estimated Pick up time
- Palarivattom - 6.00 AM
- Edappalli Lulu - 6.15 AM
- Aluva Metro - 6.30 AM
- Chalakkudy Railway - 7.10 AM
- Amballur - 7.30 AM
Those who are coming from North of Thrissur may reach Chalakkudy / Amballur.
- Trekking with expert
- Kuttavanji ride ( Turtle ride)
- Pickup and drop at Ernakulam
- Local coordinator
- Food:- Breakfast, Lunch ( Veg/Non-Veg), Evening tea, and snacks
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks and bad weather
- Any kind of cost which is not included in “Inclusions” above
Available Seats: 9
A registered participant may cancel his/ her registration online and inform the camp coordinators. The paid fees will be returned after deduction of the following cancellation fees.
|Before 20 days from Camp Date
|Before 15 days from Camp Date
|Before 7 days from Camp Date
|Within 7 days from Camp Date
- Alternatively, a registered participant may transfer his/her registration to a friend without any cancellation fee.
- In case of cancellation of the program due to any gov restrictions due to COVID/ Weather, an alternate date will be provided for the same trip and no refund for that.
- In case you are not able to join the trek on the new dates, either you can send a replacement ( Without any additional cost) / You can opt for Wallet transfer,
- What is Wallet Transfer ?: The amount will move to LGFC Wallet and you can use that for any other trip. ( 2% fee will be deducted as movement charges) . Strictly there won’t be any refund to a bank account.
- Wallet transfer is applicable only for the case when a participant wont be able to join the new date on a postponed trip due to Pandemic / Weather situations
- The wallet transfer offer will only be one time , when the new date is announced. Further changes will be counted as normal cancellations and will be as per cancellation policy.
WHY WITH US?
- Budget-Friendly, You will get a perfect escape from the urban life and completely in an offbeat location with all safety followed, with small team size.
- Incomparable Itinerary: You can compare the Itinerary with any other itinerary available on social media/ Google. Our itinerary is special with all COVID safety ensured.
- Packed food prepared in safe conditions: We believe that for a traveler, food is one of the most important things during their journey. We provide the best nutritious food as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Not just sightseeing, many more things to learn and experience: We are not just providing sightseeing. Our Camp navigator/local guide will share the details of the place, flora, and fauna with you.
- Well Experienced Local Guide and Support Staff
- Plan beyond the Itinerary- In case you want to extend the trip, we are there to help you by finding Stays contact and transportation, Talk to the coordinator of LetsGoForACamp.com
VALUES WE FOLLOW
- Eco-friendly products.
- Minimizing plastic waste.
- Hiring local guides.
- Contributing to the local economy.
- Proper disposal of waste generated.
- Concept of Responsible traveler.
Following are the list of things that are recommended to be carried for this trip
- Dresses –
- Carry comfortable dresses
- For outdoors its is better to avoid jeans as it might get too heavy if wet
- Sandals with good grip
- Please avoid high heeled sandals , as they have a risk of falling when doing hiking
- Plastic bag for carrying back any wet clothes
- Raincoats / Ponchos
- This would ensure that you wont lose the fun , even if it rains
- Water bottles
- We recommend using reusable waterbottles
- Leach Socks
- You may order leach socks on Amazon . You may check this sample item. or order a similar one.
- You may also make a leach socks at home. Follow this blog in malayalam about this. Don’t use jeans material as in the demo , you may use a decent cotton pants for this instead.
- A small bag to carry raincoat , waterbottle , snacks , etc.
- Carry all your daily use medicines
- Carry medcines for any ailments or allergies you have faced
- Energizers and Snacks
- Energinzers such as chocolate , peanut bars , dry fruits will give quick energy especially when walking
- Snacks – light and non oily snacks would be good
- There wont be any tolietries that would be provided at the stay
- We wont be providing towels at the stay.
- Other personal items
- Carry sufficient hard cash
- Don’t carry expensive jewelleries , etc
- [Optional] Jackets/ Sweatshirts / Scarf
- Carry these if you are prone to cold