Dec 31, 2022- Jan 01, 2023
Trip fees: ₹3,750
Available Seats: 8
Ramakkalmedu is a beautiful hill station in the Idukki district of Kerala. Standing at a height of 3500 ft above sea level, it offers a panoramic view of the villages in the neighboring state of Tamil Nadu.
It is believed that the impression of the feet found on the rock surface here is that of Lord Rama, the incarnation of Lord Vishnu, who came in search of his wife Sita. ‘Ramakkalmedu’, which can be translated to ‘Land of Rama’s Stone got its name from this rock surface.
Another major attraction here is a 300m tall pillar-like rocky structure, facing east. Being one of the windiest places in Asia, it became the perfect destination for establishing a wind energy farm. The sight of the massive windmills set against the backdrop of beautiful skies and rolling hills is also mind-blowing.
Let's Celebrate this NewYear 2023 at Rammakkalmedu
||Pick up from Ernakulam
||Tea and Snacks
||Reach Home Stay
||Trek to Amakallu - Tortoise Rock View point
||Back to Home stay
||Camp fire Till 10 PM
||Visit Kuravan Kurathi Statue and Hornbill Statue
||Kambam Grape Farm Visit
||Drop at Ernakulam
- Campfire, viewpoints, and visibility are subject to weather conditions.
- Coordinators shall have all the right to change the plan in case there is a danger/unforeseen circumstances affecting the group.
- Camp cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be non-refundable.
- Pick up from Ernakulam–
(Palarivattam- Lulu- Kalamassery- Aluva- Perumbavoor-Kothamangalam)
- Accommodation:2 or 3 sharing Rooms in Homestay at Ramakkalmedu
- Non Ac tempo traveler / Innova according to number of travelers
- Forest and Tourism Charges.
- Guide Charges
Day 1- Morning Tea and Snacks, Lunch & Dinner (Veg/Non-Veg)
Day 2 Breakfast, Lunch ( Veg) & Evening Snacks and Tea
- New Year Special Camp Fire with Light and Music ( Till 10 PM )
- Kambam Mundirithottam Visit
- Offroad Jeep Drive to View Points
- Entry charges
- Activities: All activities as per the itinerary
- Any Expenses of personal nature
- Food and Energizers other than stated in inclusions
- Transportation, other than stated in the itinerary.
- Any other expenses are other than stated in inclusions or emergency conditions
- Day 2 Dinner
- Any additional costs due to weather / unforeseen situations will have to be borne by the traveler
Available Seats: 8
|At the time of Registration
|| ₹ 2,250
|Before Dec 1st, 2022
|| ₹ 1,500
|| ₹ 3,750
A registered participant may cancel his/ her registration online and inform the camp coordinators. The paid fees will be returned after deduction of the following cancellation fees.
|Before 20 days from Camp Date
|Before 15 days from Camp Date
|Before 7 days from Camp Date
|Within 7 days from Camp Date
- Alternatively, a registered participant may transfer his/her registration to a friend without any cancellation fee.
- In case of cancellation of the program due to any gov restrictions due to COVID/ Weather, an alternate date will be provided for the same trip and no refund for that.
- In case you are not able to join the trek on the new dates, either you can send a replacement ( Without any additional cost) / You can opt for Wallet transfer,
- What is Wallet Transfer ?: The amount will move to LGFC Wallet and you can use that for any other trip. ( 2% fee will be deducted as movement charges) . Strictly there won’t be any refund to a bank account.
- Wallet transfer is applicable only for the case when a participant wont be able to join the new date on a postponed trip due to Pandemic / Weather situations
- The wallet transfer offer will only be one time , when the new date is announced. Further changes will be counted as normal cancellations and will be as per cancellation policy.
- Trip-to-trip movement is strictly not allowed.
- Instalments are to be paid on on before due dates.
- In case when instalments are pending after due date , the order will be auto cancelled.
- There will be no refund in case of auto cancellation due to non payment of installment.
THE SPECIALTY OF OUR ITINERARY
- Stay at Beautiful Home Stay at Ramakkalmedu.
- Relaxed Journey
- Two mind-blowing treks
- Best Home Made Hygiene food
- Pick up from Ernakulam
- 24/7 coordinator support
- Women friendly and Family-friendly team
WHY WITH US?
- Budget-Friendly: You will get a perfect escape from the urban life and completely in an offbeat location with all safety followed, with small team size.
- Incomparable Itinerary: You can compare the Itinerary with any other itinerary available on social media/ Google. Our itinerary is special with all COVID safety ensured.
- Packed food prepared in safe conditions: We believe that for a traveler, food is one of the most important things during their journey. We provide the best nutritious food as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Not just sightseeing, many more things to learn and experience: We are not just providing sightseeing. Our Camp navigator/local guide will share the details of the place, flora, fauna with you.
- Well Experienced Local Guide and Support Staffs
- Plan beyond the Itinerary- In case if you want to extend the trip, we are there to help you by finding Stays contact and transportation, Talk to the coordinator of LetsGoForACamp
VALUES WE FOLLOW
- Eco-friendly products.
- Minimizing plastic waste.
- Hiring local guides.
- Contributing to the local economy.
- Proper disposal of waste generated.
- Concept of Responsible traveler.
Of course, once you are done with your registration, u have an option to join the WhatsApp group formed for this trip. Here, you will get to know the fellow travelers from your same city. You all can travel together
Following are the list of things that are recommended to be carried for this trip
- Dresses –
- Carry comfortable dresses
- For outdoors its is better to avoid jeans as it might get too heavy if wet
- Sandals with good grip
- Please avoid high heeled sandals , as they have a risk of falling when doing hiking
- Cap or Hat for Protection from Sun. You may carry sunscreen cream or lotion also.
- Plastic bag for carrying back any wet clothes
- Raincoats / Ponchos
- This would ensure that you wont lose the fun , even if it rains
- Water bottles
- We recommend using reusable waterbottles
- Leach Socks
- You may order leach socks on Amazon . You may check this sample item. or order a similar one.
- You may also make a leach socks at home. Follow this blog in malayalam about this. Don’t use jeans material as in the demo , you may use a decent cotton pants for this instead.
- A small bag to carry raincoat , waterbottle , snacks , etc.
- Carry all your daily use medicines
- Carry medcines for any ailments or allergies you have faced
- Energizers and Snacks
- Energinzers such as chocolate , peanut bars , dry fruits will give quick energy especially when walking
- Snacks – light and non onily snacks would be good
- ORS- Packets,This will help you to avoid dehydration. Suggested brand is Electral. You will get this in your nearest Medical shop.
- There wont be any tolietries that would be provided at the stay
- We wont be providing towels at the stay.
- Other personal items
- Carry sufficient hard cash
- Don’t carry expensive jewelleries , etc
- [Optional] Jackets/ Sweatshirts / Scarf
- Carry these if you are prone to cold
No you can keep your bag in the camp.
Mobile network is very less at camp site.
It’s strictly based on the cancellation policy. However, u can replace your registration with your friend, with out any additional cost. But need to inform this to the coordinator 3 days before.