December 27, 2020
Indian state of Karnataka is, by all means, a surprisingly underexplored region given its rich natural beauty. For those seeking a quick getaway in Karnataka, here are 5 beautiful suggestions that you can head to in order to enjoy a great time. All of these are offbeat locations that you’d love to visit again and again.
1. Kodachadri Hills: Kodachari is a natural heritage site with many destinations rolled into one: picturesque grasslands and rolling hills that you can view from the peak, beautiful village with paddy fields, dense forests and the Hidlumane Waterfalls.
2. Agumbe: Agumbe in the Malenadu region is known as the Cherrapunji of South India because it receives the highest amount of rainfall in Southern India. Barkana Falls nearby is the tenth highest waterfall in India.
3. Nugu Dam: Nugu Dam in Mysore district of Karnataka is built across the Nugu river. It is surrounded by hills and makes for a great picnic spot. Bird watchers as well as photographers spot a great variety of birds here.
4. Mullayanagiri: This is the highest peak in the state. At the top is a small temple dedicated to Tapasvi Mullappa Swamy, a mythological figure who’s believed to have meditated here for many years.
5. Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary: This is the second largest wildlife sanctuary in the state with 11 tigers living there. You’ll be able to enjoy the view of the forest through the safaris and camps and water sports such as kayaking, river rafting and coracle rides.
Where in Karnataka have you been for a quiet, private yet adventurous holiday?