December 27, 2020
Kerala, God’s Own Country, is endowed with scenic beauty like no other state. Holidaying in Kerala is not restricted to typical tourist spots you may have heard of. Kerala is a lot more than meets your touristy eye!
In this blog, we bring to you 10 offbeat holiday spots in Kerala you must visit right away to satisfy your wanderlust. Break out of your monotonous routine of work and even of choosing the same-old holiday destinations.
1. Vagamon: A hill station town spread across in the Idukki and Kottayam districts, Vagamon is a full of green hills, streams and rivulets. It is surrounding by tea gardens, pine forests, waterfalls, and meadows you just don’t want to leave behind!
2. Muzhappilangad Beach: The longest drive-in beach at Kannur and one of the cleanest beaches in Asia, Muzhappilangad beckons you to come and indulge yourself in all kinds of water sports like paragliding, paramotoring etc.
3. Kolukkumalai: Here is a tea estate of colonial era vintage. It is also home to the highest tea factory in the world. Come, taste its preciously handled tea as you enjoy the view.
4. Agasthyakodam: This is a 1,868 metre-tall peak in the Western Ghats. The place gets its name from Agastya, a Hindu sage from the Puranas and it continues to be a pilgrimage for his devotees. It makes for adrenaline-pumping trek for which you’ll need to go through a physical fitness examination.
5. Illaveezhapoonchira: Located 55 km away from Kottayam, Illaveezhapoonchira is a perfect picnic spot. Visit Malankara Dam and Lake via the boats provided to the tourists. Kannadippara, a rocky terrain reflecting the morning sun. Smell the cool breeze. Kazhukankulimalli Waterfalls is a pristine spot. Pandavart Guha is where the Pandavas took refuge during their exile. Mankallu Mudikal are 3 hills without any trees – something that turns the place into a great spot for imbibing a great view of the surroundings.
So here are you headed to next for a unique holiday?